The IN! team is growing, and we are excited to begin hiring for a new Program Coordinator position. We are looking for someone who is passionate, driven, and eager to help us increase college inclusion for students with intellectual disabilities. See the full job posting below, and submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
WHAT WE DO:
IN! Pathways to Inclusive Higher Education is a non-profit (501c3) dedicated to creating Inclusive Higher Education pathways for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).
Our Mission: To create inclusive college opportunities in Colorado for students with intellectual disabilities to foster academic growth, social development, and career advancement.
As a result of IN!'s work, students with intellectual disabilities in Colorado have the option to attend college, an option that did not exist a short time ago. We are invested in ensuring that college access continues to be possible for more and more students with IDD in our state.
When you join IN! you are a part of a mission driven organization working to make sure college opportunities exist for students with intellectual disabilities. We are dedicated, inspired, and compassionate. We love what we do!
THE OPPORTUNITY: Program Coordinator
IN!’s Program Coordinator will play a key role in IN!’s long term focus to continue creating statewide inclusive higher education pathways. The position will be responsible for the oversight of their assigned programs/projects which center on our key focus areas: 1) Awareness/Outreach 2) Education 3) Evaluation/Student Success 4) Expansion. Key roles:
- Community Awareness/Outreach: Support and implement statewide education and outreach program. Specifically:
- Sustain community relationships that grow the awareness of higher education statewide to advance the mission.
- Provide focused outreach to key groups including prospective students, families, educators, and disability organizations.
- Respond to the needs of statewide school districts, support agencies and prospective student/families to provide effective and useful resources, education and awareness.
- Create materials to support education and outreach including targeted messaging, presentations, informational resources and webinars.
- Create social media/email marketing that supports program awareness/outreach efforts.
- Maintain detailed data entry of outreach program engagement for reporting purposes
- Statewide Program Evaluation: Administer evaluation programs for current and graduate students to provide college partners, legislators, and community members with information and data around the effectiveness of programs, best practices, and outcomes of Inclusive Higher Education programs.
- Support peer to peer mentorship programs for high school students.
- Coordinate and develop student and family liaisons to support inclusive higher education through volunteering, outreach program support and advocacy.
- Support the Inclusive Higher Education Expansion Grant Program (result of HB22-1107) by providing technical assistance and guidance to colleges/universities statewide establishing inclusive higher education pathways.
- Database development and management.
- Evaluate and recommend enhancements to programs based on student, family, and community needs.
- Support the Community Engagement Manager in managing other projects as assigned.
- Assist in developing financial sustainability for IN! through grants, donor, events, and community engagement.
- Some travel required.
SKILLS WE DESIRE:
- Experience in non-profit programs, serving youth and/or individuals with disabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in education, human or social services, or a related field of study OR equivalent non-profit experience
- Strong interpersonal skills: confidence to dialogue with stakeholders including youth, families, organizations, allied professionals, and/or governing bodies
- Comfort in participating in fundraising, program sustainability efforts
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- High level of initiative and detail orientation
- Awareness and sensitivity to cultural attunement
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks at once
- A valid driver's license
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development tailored to your career goals
- Unlimited Paid Leave. It is the policy of IN! to forego implementation of a leave accrual or bank system of any sort. Eligible employees will be free to take leave when they require it
- Plus, 11 paid holidays and the day off for your birthday, go celebrate you!
- Wellness time
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote working
- Opportunity to work independently and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Targeted professional onboarding in your first 60 days. This includes visits with current college partners, state trainings on benefits, DVR and state waiver programs, meetings with state and national stakeholders state-wide and nationally
- Cell phone stipend, mileage reimbursement
Expected annual salary: $45,000 with additional $350 monthly healthcare stipend
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Remote
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com