Grant Application Open March 15, 2023 - May 1, 2023
*Update: The grant application is now closed, and applications are under review.
**Initial notification of awards will go out the week of May 15, 2023.
The purpose of the Inclusive Higher Education Grant Program is to allow for colleges across the state to apply for needed funding to develop, expand and solidify inclusive pathways that enable students with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) to have all the rights, responsibilities, privileges, benefits and outcomes that result from a higher education experience to the greatest extent possible, including academic growth, social development, career advancement, and increased independence.
Attention will be given to increasing diversity and accessibility within expansion efforts. Expansion of inclusive higher education pathways is defined as the creation of more spots for students with IDD to attend an institution of higher education and/or increasing equity and access for students with IDD wishing to pursue higher education within rural, low-income, and BIPOC.
This is a 5-year grant program, awarding $450,000 annually to the grant-administering entity to be allocated to institutions of higher education.
Please see the Grant Program Overview document and additional resources below for further guidance.
- Grant Program Overview
- Applicant Questions & Responses - updated weekly on Friday
- Eligibility Description
- Inclusive Program Model/Pillars
- Budget Template/Pro forma
- Impact of Inclusive Higher Education - document to share with institution leadership
- House Bill 22-1107: Inclusive Higher Education Opportunities
- 03/27/23 Financial Info Session: Zoom Recording, Slide Deck
- 02/22/2023 Preliminary Info Session: Zoom Recording, Meeting Notes, Slide Deck
- 02/01/2023 Preliminary Info Session: Zoom Recording, Meeting Notes, Slide Deck
IN!'s Inclusive Higher Education Opportunities Grant is now accepting applications from colleges and universities throughout CO.
IN! announces the launch of the Inclusive Higher Education Grant Program this March.