Meet Gabby, a senior at ACC getting ready to graduate with her Comprehensive Higher Education Certificate in Communications! While attending Elevate, Gabby has grown in her self-advocacy and independence skills. Gabby says, "College has been a wonderful experience, and it gives you more self-growth." She even started the Dance Club at ACC! As she looks ahead to graduation, she is very excited to reach this milestone and begin planning life after college. Check out her senior video to find out more about her college experience!
- School: ACC
- Major: Communications
- Favorite Part of College: Having the experience to meet new people, starting clubs, and learning new things. College is an adventure!
- Plans After Graduation: Still unsure. Something that uses her Communications knowledge!
Gabby's Words of Wisdom
- What has the opportunity to go to college meant for you?: I could get a higher education and not just go into a day program. It has given the opportunity for me to better myself and learn how to get good skills to get a better career than sitting at home!
- What did you learn about yourself during college?: I need to give myself grace when things get very stressful. I've also learned that I'm a very social person, and I need to be around people!
- What advice do you have for incoming freshmen?: Jump into the unknown and go for it! You never know what college is going to bring you. Always ask for help when you don't understand something. Have fun. Make mistakes and learn from them!