About the Young Professionals Board
IN!'s Young Professionals Board is a group of emerging leaders who dedicate their own time, talents, networks, and resources to raise awareness and support for the work and mission of IN!. IN!'s mission is to create inclusive college opportunities in Colorado for students with intellectual disabilities to foster academic growth, social development, and career advancement.
Young Professionals Board Goals
- Build awareness of inclusive higher education via IN!'s social media networks
- Organize events and fundraisers to promote inclusive higher education in Colorado
- Engage new donors that support inclusion of students with intellectual disabilities in higher education
- Create avenues for community members to share about the impact of inclusive higher education in our state
Roles and Responsibilities
The role of a Young Professionals board member carries with it the responsibility to serve as a committed supporter and thoughtful advocate for IN!. The specific responsibilities that all members are asked to accept are included below.
Expectations and Responsibilities of Board Members
- Spread awareness of IN! and its mission
- Engage with and help build our community of advocates
- Give or get (group fundraising goal)
- 2 year term
- Attend or call into 9 of 12 (1 meeting/month/year) Young Professionals Board meetings, varying number of special taskforce/committee meetings as needed, and special events
- Young Professionals Board members will receive regular, timely, and accurate information from IN! staff - with particular note given to sharing student stories.
- IN! staff will support the Young Professionals Board leadership to ensure success
- At least one staff will attend each Young Professionals Board meeting to serve as a liaison to IN!
- Become part of the IN! network
- Connections to other organizations with whom IN! works
- Opportunities for networking with the IN! Board of Directors
- Growth in knowledge of how non-profits function
- Special programmatic opportunities in relation to IN!’s partner schools and current college students
The Young Professionals Board accepts new members on a rolling basis.