About the Young Professionals Board
IN!'s Young Professionals Board is a group of emerging leaders who dedicate their own time, talents, networks, and resources to raise awareness and support for the work and mission of IN!. IN!'s mission is to continue creating inclusive college opportunities in Colorado for students with intellectual disabilities to foster academic growth, social development, and career advancement.
Young Professionals Board Goals
- Build awareness of inclusive higher education via IN!'s social media networks
- Organize events and fundraisers to promote inclusive higher education in Colorado and to engage IN! program alumni in ongoing community
- Create avenues for community members to share about the impact of inclusive higher education in our state
Roles and Responsibilities
The role of a Young Professionals board member carries with it the responsibility to serve as a committed supporter and thoughtful advocate for IN!. The specific responsibilities that all members are asked to accept are included below.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Spread awareness of IN! and its mission
- Engage with and build our community of advocates
- Enhance the IN! Alumni Association
- 2 year term
- Attend or call into 9 of 12 (1 meeting/month/year) Young Professionals Board meetings, varying number of special taskforce/committee meetings as needed, and special events
- Become part of the passionate IN! network and a neurodiverse community
- Engage in programmatic opportunities with IN!’s partner schools, current, and graduated inclusive higher education students
- Connect to and resource share with other organizations with whom IN! partners
- Participate in networking opportunities with the IN! Board of Directors
- Grow in knowledge of how non-profits function
The Young Professionals Board accepts new members on a rolling basis.