Kacie attended Elevate at ACC and went on to complete her bachelors degree at CSU, graduating December of 2022. While she completed her inclusive higher education program years ago, we want to celebrate her ongoing accomplishments and the example she sets for so many other students with ID.
- School: CSU
- Major: Communications
- Favorite Part of College: Learning new things
- Future Plans: After graduation, I will be getting a job as a librarian and serving on the board of directors for IN!., as I want the chance to give back to IN! and to support other disabled college students.
Kacie's Words of Wisdom
- What has the opportunity to go to college meant for you: Going to college allowed me the chance to meet new people, learn new things, and learn about what I want to do with my life. I was part of the pilot group for Arapahoe Community College's Elevate program, and I was able to attend Colorado State University through IN's support.
- What did you learn about yourself during college: I learned that I have a passion for rhetoric.
- What advice do you have for incoming freshmen: If you have the grit and determination, you can do anything!